More than 211 Tourism Businesses in Thailand have been awarded with the Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA ) Certificate in the month of July. The awards were presented by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) in Chonburi Province. Being awarded with SHA, certifies that these tourism businesses & services have undergone strict inspection to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The SHA aims at the recovery of the Thai Tourism Industry by building confidence among domestic & international tourists.
The SHA Certificate confers that the tourism businesses have met the health and safety standards laid by the SHA programme. The various rules and regulations range from hygiene practices at the workplace, public areas, guestrooms, meeting rooms, restaurants, staff hygiene to guest hygiene protocol.
The SHA project is a result of cooperation between the various Government Authorities of Thailand & the Tourism Industry. It promises to deliver a positive experience to tourists where they feel confident and happy about the safety standards. Also, the certificate has a validity of 2 years, where a logo is issued by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). If any violations are reported, the logo will be revoked.
Here’s a List of a few SHA Certified Hotels & Resorts in Thailand:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort – Featuring a secluded beach, this stunning beach property aims to remain positive, committed and vigilant in delivering a safe and healthy service under the leadership of TAT.
- Banyan Tree Samui – is a traditional Thai styled resort nestled in the lush jungles of Lamai. The resort offers a contactless journey from check in to check out with enhanced cleanliness protocols in place.
- Shasa Resort and Residences Koh Samui – Located near a scenic hillside with beautiful landscapes, the resort offers tourists a positive experience with its cleanliness & safety measures.
- Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel – This luxurious retreat in Bangkok reassures travelers of all safety protocols in place by ‘Stay with Peace of Mind’ Programme. This programme enhances levels of sanitation and uses Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants to fight COVID-19 & other bacterias throughout the hotel.
- The Westin Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok – Located in the heart of Bangkok with a range of services, this luxury hotel has made sure to follow all the strict hygiene measures and protocols laid by the SHA program to create memorable experiences for tourists.
SHA Certification not only encourages hotels & resorts to take hygiene measures, but also supports all tourism related enterprises like spas, departmental stores, public transport, restaurants and major attractions to do so too.